Saturday, August 14, 2010

Sponging and masking and more sponging and masking

I'm really enjoying this technique and the wonderful effects you can achieve with something as simple as a few sponges, ink and post it notes for masking. Hmmmm thinking I should have a class of just this technique. This little gal is from "Summer by the sea" one of the very first sets) I bought through Stampin'Up! I was sooo sad when she retired. Every once in a while I like to pull her out and see what I can come up with. I think this one turned out fairly well.

Card recipe:

Stamps: Summer by the sea
Paper: Crumb cake, Night of navy, Rose red, Whisper white
Ink: Basic black, Wild wasabi, Rose red, Crumb cake, Baja breeze, Night of navy, Blush blossom
Accessories: Sponges, post it notes, blender pen, dimensionals, 1" circle medium punch.

4 comments:

  1. This is so beautifully done, I haven't tried sponging to this effect, I love it. Following from SC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a sweet card. Thanks for blessing my day. I am now following you! I can't believe how many I've missed - I'm #6 on the list - yikes! So glad I found you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Thank you for sharing! I am one of your followers from Stampin' Connection. (I'm the one that started the Follow Me thread) I have a small favor to ask, please. I had to switch over my website (it used to be BellevueStampingClub) and lost all of my followers from SC. Would you be so kind as to go to my new site listed below and RE-follow me, please? You may have to copy and paste the link. Thanks so much! I really appreciate it!

    Chanda Stehlik
    www.OneCraftyMommy.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant sponging!!! I try and try, but sponging is one technique that I really stink on. But I LOVE the way it looks when done well, lol!!!

    ReplyDelete